CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is she really going to be 4 years old....




My little Brooklyn, she's going to be 4 on Sunday. I know everyone says it, but where has the time gone? I was watching HOOK (The Peter Pan movie with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman) with them before nap time and the mom says something to the dad (Peter) "we only have a few crucial years left where they are begging for us to be around, after that we'll be begging for their attention and you're missing it." Wow! did that hit me! Every day is precious, every moment and memory counts! It's not about just getting up, getting dressed, eating and running to the next event, coming home and eating and getting them in bed again. Life is in the little things, the details, everyday stuff... i swear i was just wrapping Christmas presents and now I'm wrapping Birthday presents. I've been really trying to keep my house cleaned this year and keeping up on the dishes and chores and having dinner ready when Jimmy gets home but I'm also missing stuff... I don't know how my mom and grandma did it. How did they juggle it all? How were they dressed and beautiful and dinner was on the table when dad and grandpa got home and we were dressed and rested and the laundry was done and the ironing... i mean really... ironing... i haven't ironed in a year! I guess I just want to be apart of their lives, I don't want them to remember all the events and times in the car and the hurry hurry's and the come on we're going to be late's! I want them to remember the board games and the coloring and painting and stories! I can't believe Brook is going to be 4. I know that may be little for some of you, but I just had her yesterday didn't I? Gosh I miss those baby noises and milestones... I miss the little baby, she's a big girl now! Long hair, sweet smile, gorgeous blue eyes, I love you's that melt your heart through your feet and full of spice!!! I don't want to miss a thing!!! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!! You are my Joy, my light, my smile, my laugh, my happy place, my gift, my hope, my dreams, my memories, my life!!!! I love you more than you'll ever understand.

2 comments:

Jenn Tobin said...

WOW, thank you, I needed to hear this SOO bad today! I hate how easily it is to forget this important lesson and forget to spend this specail quality time withour children, thank yo so much for reminding me:)
I cannot believe how big the kids are getting! My gosh, I have not seen them in what seems forever, and they just grew up! Tell em to stop for me:)!

Jamie said...

What an amazing mom you are!! Brooklyn your mom is so wonderful and loves you stinkin much!! Thanks for that niss - that was a refresher and was so awesome!!! I love you so much!