I wonder if this will fit up my nose???
Sooo... that's probably not a question you ask yourself everyday right?! Atleast I hope not... but apparently my daughter does! Last week it was Jelly Bellies and last night it was beads from her hair bow!
I walk in to her room and she's (for lack of a better description) farmer blowing! I asked her "what the heck are you doing" and she said "it's not in my nose anymore!" and i then said "WHAT isn't up your nose anymore!!!???" then she started to cry! I went to get Jimmy and told him it was all him to figure it out because I just didn't have the patience to try and pry it out of her!
So Jimmy (calmly) comes in the kitchen and says "come here... i need you to hold the flashlight" that's never a good thing! They were shoved so far up her nose that you could barely see it... we tried with tweezers and a bobby pin to get it out but she was just screaming and squirming and we didn't feel it was going to come out on it's own!
So you guessed it.... the 3rd trip to the ER in a MONTH. I'm surprised we don't have VIP seating in the waiting room... even though we did get a "thank you card" from the ER DR for his new convertible Corvette! (Exaggeration!) ARGH!!!
The DR tried to have a stern talkin to with Emma about sticking things up her nose and not to do it again... and then dad did the same when we got home! Now we're praying it works! It took 4 people to hold her down and dig it out of her nose! Thank GOD it came out without surgery! Sheesh that would have been horrible! But she said it's pretty common because the kids just push it so far up and then they scream and squirm too much to get it out... I was PRAYING out loud begging God to let them get it out and they did... There was a BIG cheer from everyone when it was all over with... whew! I asked them if they had this alot and she said atleast once a day! WOW!!! I asked her how old the last one was that she did and she said earlier that day there was a NINE year old girl who put beads in her ears!!! Are you kidding me!? NINE!!! I thought maybe I had another year of worrying about all this, but not 7 more years!!! sigh....
Well, today (KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK) all is well. I went to the Dr's today and my blood pressure is back to normal, I'm down 4 more pounds and the antibiotic is working!!! Last night my appendix pain was pretty bad, but I woke up this morning and it's just faint. WOooOooo HooOooo!!!
We're going out to eat tonight with my family for my sisters birthday! That's always an adventure! maybe something to blog about later... we'll see!!! HahAHa!!!
PS the reason for the goggles: we're going on a family trip to Hawaii in May and we want to make sure the girls aren't afraid to go snorkeling!!! we don't just make them wear goggles in the bath. I'm NOT that paranoid... :o)

1 comments:
Okay, so one time my little sister rammed a popcorn kernal up her nose and had to be taken to the ER. She was wearing a skirt and as the doctor came in, she flashed him and said, "I'm wearing Mommy's panties!" They were like these skanky black lacy things! So my mom (who had no idea her underoos had been hijacked) was pretty mortified. The doctor fishes out the popcorn kernel and asks Brandi why she shoved it up her nose. She said, "Because I'm crazy!" I'm surprised the doctor didn't hand my mom some parenting brochures on her way out!
Post a Comment