Brook and Emma are starting to play together... it's SO cute! I mean they are sisters and a year apart so they still have their moments don't get me wrong! The drama still remains! But I think I might see a light at the end of the tunnel...
They have been playing house! Brook will say I'm going to be Seeping Booty (The long lost princess) (AKA Aurora Sleeping Beauty) and you be Booty and the Beeps (The second long lost sister to the first princess!) (AKA Belle in Beauty and the Beast). The REALLY interesting thing in the whole house playing time is that they mimic ME and Jimmy. They are always telling their babies "look at me when I'm talking to you" or "you need to eat all your dinner or there's NO dessert" Sooo... obviously they are listening, so why does it seem like brand new information everytime I tell them those things?! Hmmm....
The cutest thing ever is when they read bedtime stories to their babies and give them Xx's and Oo's and tuck them in and then pray for them! They'll shut the light out and close the door and tip toe around the house, if I'm too loud the tell me to "sshhh... our baby's are sleeping!"
The love to play restaurant, grocery store and DR too! When they play grocery store they get their carts full of stuff around the house then I have to be the cashier. They tell me when stuff is on sale and also tell me when I'm being too slow! YIKES! They always swipe their credit cards! SCARY!!!
They are getting so concerned about each other and worry about each other and it's just an aaaawwwwwweeee moment for me everytime! If Brook's crying and I don't get there quick enough Emma comes running to find me and says "MMOOMMM, BROOK'S CRYING... SHE NEEDS YOU, HURRY!!!" Brook always gets in the car after school and says "I missed you Emma" and then Emma asks Brook "did you have a good day at school" for real... maybe all your kids do this and it's nothing special, but seriously... makes my heart melt.
I want them to be close friends, I want them to be able to count on each other and go to each other and want to be with each other and need each other! I hope they will be close and the best of friends someday! This is one reason I'm SO glad we had our kids so close and they are both girls. The have a live-in-friend.
However, when they are bugging each other sometimes it's SO funny! Brook will ask me "Mom, can you come play with Emma, she's driving me NUTS!" Or Brook will give Emma ideas... "Emma... go find your baby and go put her night night..." just to get her to leave her alone! Sometimes I feel bad for Emmabug, but I'm a little sister so I know just how we can be!!! :o)
I'm just a happy and lucky mommy today and wanted to share!!! Sometimes when they are playing I pretend I'm busy but I really just listen and watch because it's SO darn cute and funny!!!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...
Posted by Beautiful Disaster at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I know what you mean. It is so great to have a sibling for them to play/fight together! I love listening to their jabber. Such imaginations!
The pix are adorable!
Post a Comment