
Ok, I've ALWAYS loved the Olympics, ever since I was little... I would sneak and stay up late and watch them in my room when I was supposed to be sleeping! I've been doing the same thing the past few days! :o) I actually went almost 48 hours w/out sleeping because I had 2 back to back workshops from 4pm- midnight then a community garage sale, to make a long story short, instead of sleeping, I would come home at 1am and turn on the Olympics!
We have ALOT of amazing athletes, WOW! However that Phelps boy has got me "clumsy" hee hee! Of course I could be his mom and I'm married but Holy Cow does that swimming and energy and cute smile make my heart flutter! Watching him break the World Record and watching his family and the president of the united states cheer him on too was magical. I actually got goose skin and teared up!
I've always thought that one of my kids would be in the Olympics someday... it's strange but when we were watching the SLC Olympics I even said to Jimmy, "I bet one of our kids will be in the Olympics!" I hope they want to swim, do gymnastics... whatever, who knows, could just be a secret, unconscious wish or desire since I always wanted to be a great athlete... or maybe it's something. All I know is that I want to support my kids and give them the opportunity to shoot for the stars and know they can be and do ANYTHING they want to!!!
Well... I NEED to get back to watching my TIVO'd Olympics! ha ha ha!!! I'm obsessed... it's embarrassing!!! But Jimmy is too... he loves it. The only thing we've found we don't care much about is the fencing and it's weird because the Good Ole... US of A won a gold for all 3 medal placings! We must be killer at it, it just seems dumb to me!?
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
2008 Olympics - Michael Phelps
Posted by Beautiful Disaster at 12:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Go USA!! Hey did you tVio the opening ceremonies??? I missed the first part and I'm dying to see it!! LMK!
Post a Comment